Okay, honestly, Why? Why would anyone buy a T-shirt with a CNN headline on it? I know, everyone own lots of T-shirts, they accumulate like dust, but are you really going to pay like $15 to get a shirt that says "Hillary Loses Primary" or something?
Let's take a look at today's headlines...
"Hezbollah Militants to Leave Beirut Streets". Okay, yeah, that makes so much sense on a shirt. Especially ten years from now.
"Wedding Bells Toll for First Daughter". Let's pretend we care enough about Bush's kid that we wear a shirt that advertises her wedding.
"Pope: Sex Can Become 'Like a Drug'". Good to know. Let's advertise that fact.
"Report: Fired Admiral had Sex at White House". I see little point in a shirt that says this unless you're the one he had sex with. Why are they all about sex today?
"Video: Superhero Pies". ...Okay, I MIGHT buy a shirt if it had superhero pies on it.
"Police: Ten-Year-Old Raped, Gives Birth". Of course I want that written across my boobs, what are you talking about? I find your lack of faith disturbing...
"Tornado Rips Through Parts of Mississippi". Uhhh, right. Heh.
Most of the headlines aren't that great, really. They wouldn't make much sense on a shirt at all. Can you picture walking around in a shirt that says "Judge Alledgedly Napped, Made Bailiff Rub Back"?
It's not even funny in context. Out of context, it's just stupid. Why does everything have to somehow make money? People must buy these, or they wouldn't do it. If I ever see someone in a shirt with a CNN headline about Obama or some kid who made a bong out of a skull he dug up, I'm going to laugh. But I'll be the only one laughing, because I'll be the only one who gets it and understands how dumb it is. I'll stick to Fark as my news source.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment