What makes people happy? I have a few things, but one of the most important to me is music. I live with a soundtrack, whether it's my iPod plugged into my ears, or just something running through my head. I was absolutely thrilled when I got an iPod for Christmas, because it meant I would no longer have to break a CD player every month. (Don't ask me how that ended up happening; it just did.) I go everywhere with it looped around my neck. When I get home after school and sit down at the computer, I listen to music. When I'm on the bus, on car trips, doing homework, drawing, at CCAD, even just cleaning my room, I listen. During classes, or if someone's talking to me, or anywhere like that, I obviously don't, but if I have an opportunity to, and it's not rude, I'll take it. Of course, quiet moments are great, especially if I'm trying to comprehend some particularly convoluted bit of math Josh has thrown at me, but if it's something like writing an essay or an outline, music helps me focus and gives me ideas.
Since most people seem to think my taste in music is bizarre, I'm also pretty much guaranteed privacy. And not many people ask to listen to my iPod anymore, either. Having something by Cirque du Soliel or some showtune fade out to be replaced by loud hardcore metal seems to have a lasting effect on people. I'm not sure why. Strange musical taste has its merits.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment