Jenn said that Linworth teachers were expressing concern over people using school computers for personal things.
Guilty as charged, sure, but honestly? Those old Macs are so crappy and outdated that it's almost impossible to use them for much of anything. You have to wait ten minutes for a page to load, for God's sake. And forget about getting pictures to load.
I honestly have no problem with people bringing their personal laptops to school. It frees up the crappy old computers for people who have to use them for schoolwork, and odds are that the laptop is way better for everything. I'd love to have a laptop of my own to bring to school, for that matter. I could put Photoshop on it, too. That way, I wouldn't have to waste the time I have every other day when none of my customary comrades are free waiting for Fark or DA to load on one of the Macs in the Powder room. Blargh. And I could get work done on art. That would be great.
Of course, the odds of me getting a laptop any time soon are about as high the odds of our dear President saying something profound, thought-inducing, and true about the Iraq war, soooo...
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment