http://zzmig.blogspot.com/2008/04/reading-reflection-and-response.html
I decided to write about Zach's blog because of a comment he left me on my previous post. It seems we share literary tastes. In this entry, he describes a book called The Raw Shark Texts. Looks like it's science fiction, with all sorts of bizarre characters who behave strangely, and weird conceptual creatures. It also looks like it might involve some psychology. Honestly, can a book get any more perfect?
Zach does a great job of describing the book in detail without giving away any key plot points, which has to be either a talent or great self-restraint. He also makes it sound really interesting, and leaves you wondering what drugs this author was on, because you want to find some. Even if the book didn't sound so interesting in and of itself, Zach's a pretty good writer, so I have no doubt that he would have made it sound pretty great.
Short story shorter, I ended up reserving it at the library right after reading about it.
And then there was much rejoicing, as I realized that I could now stop rereading Ptolemy's Gate for the sixth time.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'll probably be checking out some of Tim Powers' stuff soon too.
Post a Comment